
Apparently, there are some celebrities who know where American Fork is.....including one of my favorites, Vincent D'Onofrio.
I was reading our local paper, more like scanning the local paper, since I tend to get frustrated with the articles because of poor spelling, punctuation and such. I saw an article with the words "Law & Order: Criminal Intent," one of my favorite late-night indulgences. I read on and learned that Mr. D'Onofrio's sister happens to own Rib City Grill in American Fork. He was coming to promote a Christmas benefit called "Shop with a Cop." He was going to be at the restaurant that same day, some time in the afternoon (case in point with the local paper...there was no time given for when he'd be at the restaurant).
I had never been to Rib City Grill, but I thought I'd drive by to see if it looked like he was there. When I drove by there were cops everywhere....the motorcycles, the K9 unit, one of the local news channel vans. He was there all right, or at least coming soon.
I went in with Josh not realizing it was a sit-down kind of restaurant. So, then I realized I'd have to sit down and eat if I wanted to see him. (To be perfectly honest, I didn't dare just ask if he was there for fear of sounding like a groupie.) Josh and I sat down and ordered the least expensive things on the menu, plus drinks, of course. Josh was facing the door and giving me heads up of what was going on outside. Our food hadn't even arrived when I looked up and saw Vincent walk right past me and sit down at the booth right across the aisle! He looked up, I looked up, he smiled and said, "Hi." I said "Hi" and then Josh started making fun of me under his breath. Vincent was doing an interview and trying to read something at the same time so I didn't want to ask for a picture just yet, but I did have my camera on the table ready to go.
We ended up waiting about 30 minutes until he finished his photos with the cops, and his little TV interview. Then Josh took a picture for me. I didn't think I would be, but I was actually a little star-struck. After all, he knows Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones! That's only 2 degrees of separation!
When we got back in the van Josh asked me what I'd do if I ever got to meet Josh Groban. Wow....do I dare dream? (I wonder if he does public serenading for his fan club members?)
By the way,
dinner cost me $25 bucks!



3 comments:
Holly that is so awesome! What a chance to meet a star! I think you're great!
AWESOME! Maurice knows the owner of Rib City very well and we were there last week talking to her! I told her to call me the next time he comes into town!
The is freakin the best!! The only thing I could relate it to is if Kiefer made an appearance in Utah. I mean could you imagine. I think he would need a restraining order against me!
Post a Comment