just down the road from Scofield Reservoir
In the summer of 1980 I attended a one week summer camp at Clear Creek.
The camp is owned by Alpine School District and classes are taught by teachers from the different schools. While I was there I collected flowers, rocks, went to an old silver mine, and tried (unsuccessfully) to catch a potgut in a coffee can using peanut butter for bait.
In the summer of 1980 I attended a one week summer camp at Clear Creek.The camp is owned by Alpine School District and classes are taught by teachers from the different schools. While I was there I collected flowers, rocks, went to an old silver mine, and tried (unsuccessfully) to catch a potgut in a coffee can using peanut butter for bait.
I spent 2 days with Willow at Clear Creek.
I'm pretty sure nothing in the cabins has changed in the past 29 years. The bunk beds in the cabins have been rearranged to fit more girls, but they're the same bunk beds from 1980. The building where we'd meet to eat and do group activities is the same except the kitchen has been separated from the main hall by a new wall.
There is a new building with bathrooms and showers (which no-one told me about until the end of the first day).





2 comments:
You look adorable then and now!! Glad you had such a fun time. It's stuff like this that make such great memories for you and Willow. You are an amazing mom and are always putting your kids first! I have a thing or two to learn from you. So glad you are my friend. Now, when are we going to Vegas??!!
Hi Holly, found your blog thru Kim S. your clear creek photo is priceless. How fun you still have it. I wouldn't even have a photo taken if I had been to clear creek. Although the time of year you went looks a little better than will it was Willow's turn.
Too funny!
Post a Comment