Friday, January 1, 2010

Merry Christmas!

The spirit of Christmas began on Christmas Eve at our home. We had dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Hansen's followed by the grandkids and a few uncles acting out the nativity. After the nativity Grandpa requested we sing Christmas songs. Scarlet knew all the words to "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and requested it over and over. We sang it 5 times. It was so fun to watch the kids faces.

After the kids and I got home we were preparing to go to bed and heard a loud knock on the door at about 9:30. When we opened the door there was just a small green felt bag filled with candy canes and marshmallow santas. I handed the bag to the kids to divide the candy and Weston said, "Mom, there's a notebook in here." I took out the "notebook" to find a stack of one hundred brand new one dollar bills in a rubber band. The kids were wide eyed....I was teary eyed. If MY Santa Claus is reading this, please know how grateful I am for your generosity. You helped me teach my kids an amazing lesson of giving.

The year has been filled with changes and I wasn't sure how hard our first Christmas since the divorce would be, but it ended up being a really good day. I got to enjoy being with the kids Christmas morning and then they spent the afternoon with Kenyon and his family.


I hope all of you enjoyed a wonderful Christmas as well.

No comments: