Weston didn't want to appear to anxious about starting 4th grade.
Willow and her best friend Sarah ready for 6th grade!
Josh waiting for his ride....for his first day in high school!
I've had a lot of people ask me how I felt about all of my kids being in school all day. Am I a bad mom to say I was looking forward to this day?! The first day of school was Monday, August 18th.
Grace was so excited to start 1st grade, she couldn't wait to have one more recess AND eat her lunch in the cafeteria.
Josh was anxious to start 10th grade because it means he's one step closer to getting his driver's license....Driver's Ed. Josh also gets to ride the bus year. He's called me 3 days in a row after school to ask me if he should ride the bus home. The answer is always YES!
Willow is happy because, as a 6th grader, she's now in the oldest group of kids at Shelley Elementary (not the tallest, but we're hoping that comes in time). =)
Weston is so easy going. School provides the means for him to play football or soccer with his friends every day at lunchtime. Weston has asked me not to put too much food in his lunch because it takes too long to eat.
My first goal is to put my house in order...you can get a lot done in 6 hours with no-one asking for anything. Here are some of the other ways I hope to fill my days (in no particular order)....
-work on scrapbooking (I'm a realist, I know it will take years to actually get "caught up")
-finish the sewing projects I've started
-hang all the pictures and curtains still propped up against the wall in the hallway downstairs
-go to the temple at least once a month
-paint my bedroom (again)
-help my sisters with their kids...Atticus who loves "lolly's car" and Scarlet who I'm determined to win over and the new little one on the way for Heather
-cook dinner at least a few times a week
-exercise by walking the kids to and from school
-help my dad organize his geneology papers
-go out to lunch with my friends...I am so blessed to have so many amazing friends!




3 comments:
I hope that the lunch date is with me! And if you have any EXTRA time then I have a few projects for you to work on as well. Congrats on having some real free time!
They all look so lax on the first day of school!!...I always hated the picture taking time---well, the first day of school, period. I bet that is nice, 6 hours all to yourself!!
Let's lunch! When? We have some serious catching up to do...plus we never actually went out for your birthday!
Love ya!
Post a Comment