Tuesday, August 12, 2008

20 year Reunion - AFHS Class of '88

Lari and Holly
July 2008


I was so nervous to attend my high school reunion, but I ended up having a fantastic time. I told myself I was just going to go and not worry about how I looked to anyone else because they were probably all worrying about how they looked to me. You can see our name tags that included our senior yearbook photo to help people remember. Gotta love the bangs!
The reunion was at the Little America in Salt Lake. The original count was around 130 people, but we had an additional 60 people show up at the door! I guess curiosity gets the best of us all. We all want to see how everyone looks now that we're all grown up. My best friend Lari and I sat together with our husbands. Kenyon even said he had a good time and he didn't know anyone else except Lari.
We started with a dinner and then had a short program. One person from each of the 15 tables got to go up to the front and answer a couple of trivia questions about the 80's and about our particular class. Some of the questions included:
1. Name one of the plays performed during our senior year. ("West Side Story")
2. Name the homecoming queen. (Angi Terry)
3. Who was our biggest rival? (OREM!)
4. Who was the vice principal who was over detention...and later became mayor of American Fork? (Mr. Green)
5. What song plays in the background during our senior video? (Judas Priest's "United")
6. Who was the principal in 1988? (Dr. Baugh)
7. Name one of the drum majors for the marching band. (Jason Runolfson/CarolAnn Teuscher)
8. How much was a "Big Chill" (32 oz. drink) and hot dog at Hart's in 1988? ($1.00)
I got to see a lot of good friends who meant a lot to me during my high school years. It made me so happy to see these friends raising families and doing amazing things with their lives. I was very blessed to have so many good friends in high school.
On that note I have to say how grateful I am to all the good friends I have now. So many people who I've connected with and I know will always be there with a Diet Pepsi in hand to brighten my day! You all know who you are. So here's a shout out to my girls at Alpine Pediatrics! A shout out to my many friends named Kim! A shout out to my friends from my neighborhood, my ward, my book club, Oregon, parents of my kids' friends and all the rest of you. I love you all!

No comments: