Thursday, September 11, 2008

Willow's broken pinky =(

Last Wednesday I got a call from the elementary telling me Willow had gotten hurt during P.E. Her teacher said she was crying and couldn't talk to me on the phone. I asked her what happened and she said someone had run into Willow's pinky finger. I asked the teacher if it looked broken and she said, "Well....it's growing." When I got to the school I took one look at Willow's purple swollen finger and thought to myself, "Yep. It's broken." After a quick trip to the doctor, followed by a trip to the hospital for x-rays we confirmed what I already knew. Her pinky was broken. She had chipped the bone on the outside portion of her middle joint on her left pinky...luckily she's right-handed. She has to wear a splint for 3 weeks. The first week is over and the finger has gone from purple to green to a blue-ish black shade. She was sad she missed the swimming portion of her P.E. class, but she does have a purple bandage which matches most of her outfits.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Poor willow! That's not fun! So sad.

The Ball Babies said...

Ouch! It's a good thing for colorful bandages!!! Have any of the colors of bruising matched her bandaids? :D