Saturday, May 15, 2010

Joshua's Junior Prom

Josh's Junior Prom was on April 24th and was held at UVU (Utah Valley University). Josh went with Aubree, the same girl who took him to a dance in the fall. I adore Aubree. (She tells it like it is. She also keeps Josh in line and makes sure he stays for the full three hour block on Sundays.) Aubree's dress was the most beautiful shade of purple. A week before the dance Josh came to me and said he needed one more thing for Prom...mind you we'd already rented the tux ($90), paid for the Prom ticket ($35), ordered the corsage ($20), planned for pictures and set aside money for food and for the "day date" (and for the record I am not a fan of the day date) . I couldn't figure out what else he needed. He told me he and Aubree wanted to get matching purple Converse to wear to the dance. I love it. How could I say no?

No comments: