Here's to good women.
May we know them.
May we raise them.
May we be them.
Here's to all the good women in my life
beginning with my sweet mom.
MOM
I love my mom. I am beyond blessed to call my mom my best friend. When my mom was working full-time and I wasn't we went to lunch together at least twice a week. When I need to run errands while the kids are in school I always call to see if my mom wants to tag along. Now that I'm working full-time and she's not, she brings me drinks at work and picks up my kids after school, which almost always includes a trip to Sonic during happy hour. My kids have a great grandma. She also serves as my dad's full time caregiver since his stroke. Since my dad has now thrown himself, heart and soul, into family history and geneology being his caregiver also means frequent trips to the temple, the family history center and numerous cemeteries. Bless her.
SISTERS
I have two amazing sisters. Even though they are both younger than me I am continually learning from their examples. I love my sisters. We get along fantastically. My sisters are beautiful, intelligent, funny and great mothers. I love my little nieces and nephews. It also doesn't hurt that their kids think I'm cool because I have a trampoline and I always have candy at my house. One sister served a mission in Bordeaux, France which means I always have someone to go to when my kids need help with French homework. My other sister is an attorney which means free legal advice.
FRIENDS
Wow....how do I even begin to describe my amazing friends. The only word that keeps coming to mind is blessed. I am blessed more than words can express to have so many amazing friends. My AH girls aren't co-workers, they're some of my best friends. My nieghbors aren't just the people I live by, they're some of my best friends. How do you describe people who follow those little promptings to call or text you? How do you thank people for sensing a need and just filling it? Friends who meet me at Chili's at 10 p.m. after my kids are in bed. Friends who drop off drinks on my porch. Friends who willingly help with the dreaded chore of yardwork. Friends at work who accomodate my crazy, single-parent schedule. Friends who talk to my kids and let my kids know there are people around them who love them and care about their well-being. Friends who listen to me vent or cry or share in my excitement. Heavenly Father knew I would need great friends and sent me more than I feel like I deserve sometimes. I absolutely love my friends.
Thank you to all the good women in my life!!



No comments:
Post a Comment